Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back on the Country Side

   About a year ago my husband and I left Las Vegas after 10 years and moved to the small town of Climax, Georgia. People often ask me if I am bored here because there are so many things to do in that big city in Nevada. The answer is an adamant "no". I love it here. I grew up in the countryside, the daughter of a dairy farmer in upstate New York.  Now I feel can get back into the green side of me that loves growing things and enjoying the natural world. My husband grew up here and since we have returned to this area we have grown our own vegetables, picked wild blackberries and made our first homemade wine. I even joined a community garden.  We have two fig trees and a plum tree in the yard. Wildflowers dot the grass. We created nature trails in the woods on our property.  With the population in Climax at about 297 people and Las Vegas at about 583,756 people you might think I'd be bored as can be. But  I have made friends and joined groups in the nearby city of Bainbridge.  We traded in the night life for the country life. The city was fun while it lasted but now I'm back on the country side.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see you have a blog up! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete